Commercial Superintendent - Fresno, CA
Summary: The superintendent shall manage and coordinate all aspects of job site operations to ensure the project is successfully completed within the contract schedule and budget requirements.
The superintendent is personally responsible for all jobsite activity planning, management and safety, and is accountable for the work performed by those under his/her control.
●Establish and maintain a thorough working knowledge of the applicable project plans, specifications and contracts required for the project.
●Develop and maintain the construction schedule in concert with the project manager.
●Provide input to the required monthly updates to master schedule for presentation to the client.
●Conduct weekly subcontractor coordination meetings to discuss look ahead schedules, Job
related issues, outstanding RFIs and update as-built drawings.
●Coordinate and manage the work of subcontractors and company personnel.
●Coordinate all required inspections.
●Maintain project records such as standard operating procedures (daily logs, time cards, tailgate safety meetings, SWPP Compliance reports, progress photos.).
●Complete daily quality control reviews of all work in progress.
●Conduct daily safety reports and site walks with the Project Manager.
●Process back charges and maintain required documentation.
●Assist the project manager in coordination of change order processing. Ensure that the required approvals have been obtained prior to authorizing change order work.
●Establish and maintain favorable working relationships with corporate clients.
●Communicate relevant information to all stakeholders regarding job progress, problems, questions, etc.
●Maintain professional personal and jobsite appearance.
●Complete pre-punch list review with all subcontractors prior to owner punch list.
●Complete subcontractor evaluation with project team.
Summary of Requirements
●Minimum of 5 years of experience in construction as a superintendent working with Commercial and/or retail projects.
●Bachelors’ Degree in Construction Management or related field.
●Working knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office Suites(Excel, Word, Outlook)
●Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
●Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of building codes and ADA requirements
●Familiarity of storm water pollution prevention (SWPP)
●Experience in the development of project schedules using a known industry software (Microsoft Project, Suretrak, Primavera)
Project Manager/OSHPD-Fresno, CA
Regional Contractor known for their quality projects and long-standing relationships in the community is looking to add to their team. If you have experience working on medical projects and experience with OSHPD, this may be a great opportunity for you!
Position Summary: The Project Manager is responsible for the development and coordination of all documentation, job scheduling, cost controlling and client management of an assigned project. The PM prepares, coordinates and monitors the documentation required for the implementation, execution and completion of a job. Reports to Sr. Project Manager on aspects of job performance and manages job purchasing within approved budgets.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Manage the client – understanding what their objectives are and anticipate what information and services they want and need
Know, understand and execute the prime contract.
Responsible for all administrative tasks for the assigned project(s) job setup, all logs, submittals, shop drawings, RFIs, prime contract change orders, subcontract change orders.
Manages overall relationship with the client and project architect.
Manages overall billing process and procurement of payment from the client.
Works with the superintendent in evaluating the proper equipment needed for the project and assures company owned equipment is utilized as much as possible
Manages overall job cost of project and prepares a monthly report analyzing the projected job costs.
Read and understand the plans and specifications – regularly.
Direct and lead additional staff such as project engineers, project administrators and project superintendents in their respective job duties
Direct and monitor the buyout of the job including but not limited to subcontracts, purchase orders and company costs and expenses.
Analyze the capabilities of subcontractors and suppliers as they begin and continue their work as it relates to quality and quantity of work.
Direct and monitor the project submittal process.
Produce, direct and monitor the project schedule. Consult with the Director of Construction and the project superintendent as to maintaining the project schedule. Provide monthly updates to the client or as directed within the guidelines of the prime contract
Manage the process of project change orders.
Conducts regular performance reviews of his/her direct reports as well as annual reviews.
Administers proper discipline for all direct reports as well as direct hire assigned to project
Reviews timecards weekly for all direct reports and direct hire working on their respective projects for any given week.
Assumes responsibilities for Project Engineer/Clerk duties when one is not formal assigned to the project.
Summary of Experience and Education
5+ years’ experience in the construction industry as a project manager, project engineer or superintendent, with 3 of those years in an increasingly responsible position in a healthcare environment.
Formal education in an accredited Construction Management program will serve as a substitute for a portion of the practical experience
Construction experience in an OSHPD setting
Construction experience in an in-patient clinical care environment in California
Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Working experience in the development of major project schedules using an industry specific software (Suretrak, Primavera, Microsoft Project)
Working knowledge of all current building codes, SWPP requirements and air quality control
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Knowledge and and understanding of the various types of AIA prime contracts
Working knowledge and background in the inner workings of construction project accounting and job cost reporting
Must possess valid California driver’s license
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this position.
Safety Manager/Director-Los Angeles, CA
Summary: The Safety Manager is responsible for leading all companywide safety operations, including pre-and post-loss initiatives and will help to create a safe working environment that protects and promotes the safety of our workers and subcontractors through maintenance of safe and healthy work areas. Manage all aspects of the corporate safety program, including pre-and post-loss initiatives. Will assist Risk Management in Workers’ Compensation claims and Perform accident/incident investigations. In addition, this position is responsible for conducting employee safety training and consults with project supervisors to develop safe work plans for all phases and tasks.
- Develop, Implement and ensure compliance with Companies Safety Program and IIPP.
- Oversee and ensure the safety of employees, subcontractors, and general public.
- Conduct daily jobsite safety meetings, audits, and inspections with crews.
- Develop pre-job hazard analysis to prepare for construction
- Conduct scheduled safety meetings, complete minutes and conduct follow up as required
- Attend client safety meetings and hold meeting with Safety representatives
- Enforce corporate and project specific safety and health programs as well as federal, state, and local safety standards.
- Assist in development and coordination of project specific safety program.
- Identify known/potential exposures and recommend corrective action.
- Report project specific safety performance and future plans.
- Investigate any and all accidents, injuries and near misses and ensure foreman documentation is thorough.
- Work closely with field supervision to plan more complex safety aspects of the project construction including critical lifts, hazardous material handling, etc.
- Develop project specific safety training for jobsite personnel.
- Conduct Safety training classes for employees.
- Coordinate third party safety reviews including OSHA.
- Work closely with Risk Manager on all claims and OSHA Logs.
- Maintain project statistical data
- Assist Safety team with safety startup checklist
- Work with the project team to maintain the safety budget, anticipate necessary safety supplies for employees.
- Assist in New Hire Orientation
Summary of Experience and Requirements:
- 5 + years relevant construction safety experience.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree is preferred
- Must have BCSP, CHST or CSP.
- OSHA 30-hour training
- OSHA 500 Training
- OSHA 510
- First Aid CPR Certification
- 24 Hour Fall Protection
- Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Exceptional verbal skills and concise communication are key to success in this role.
- Able to manage multiple, competing priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence supervisors, peers, and external partners.
- Shows emotional maturity, punctuality, and dependability
- Motivate and contribute to the teamwork/morale of the project team
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Some travel required
Construction Estimator-East Bay Area, or Central Valley, CA
Summary: The Estimator/Project Manager will assist the Project Management team to determine what projects to bid, strategies and techniques to ensure competitive pricing. You will review all final estimate packages prior to final submission to ensure accuracy and completeness. Use your strong communication skills in negotiating the contracts and change orders as required on each job to ensure all the project objective are met. You will play a part in exploring new opportunities to grow and expand the current market.
- Prepare work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Review and utilize historical data from previous P.O.s, subcontracts, productivity and other reports as needed to assess unit and labor calculations.
- Identify labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Compute costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Attend all pertinent pre-bid meetings and review proposals and specifications to determine scope of work and estimate.
- Track and manage awarded contracts including estimating change orders, additions, credits, materials, and more.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Manage and maintain working documents and cost database on regular basis to support estimate figures.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing technical publications.
- Design, produce and finalize drawings and plans.
- Conduct roof surveys and meet with clients to assess requirements, take measurements, photos, and collect data to be used in plan.
- Contribute to team effort and work with other departments to assess rates to be used in estimates. Assist contracting department for preparation of inquiries, final bids, etc.
- Provide technical support and guidance to personnel as required.
Summary of Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (technical training and experience).
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in estimating, cost control and/or engineering in commercial roofing industry.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in estimating.
- Strong and comprehensive knowledge base of estimating techniques, engineering disciplines, cost control system, data analysis and strategic planning.
- Ability to estimate a variety of projects/contracts under strict deadlines.
- Ability to manage and oversee group work as it relates to projects.
Auto CAD/Draftsman-Fresno, CA
Summary: The Draftsman will be part of the organization as an essential team player, in the designing of commercial buildings and commercial solar projects.
- Creating accurate CAD drawings from hand sketches, verbal instructions and site visits.
- Integrating and working with project managers, design consultants and sub-contractors, to produce and alter drawings.
- Systematically saving sketches and drawings on our CAD server, keeping files organized, updating project folders as needed.
- Thoroughly reviewing and checking sketches and drawings for errors, before being sent to architects, sub-contractors and/or project managers.
- Meeting with potential clients to develop conceptual plans.
- Design and produce permit plans and ensure they are ready to submit to appropriate parties.
- Work with building officials to secure permits and entitlements
- Coordinate with in-house staff and sub-contractors during construction process
- Read and review in-house plans for conflict and errors.
- Think critically and creatively to support the project team in the design process, to create sketches and drawings that meet the client’s objectives.
Summary of Experience and Requirements:
- Experience in Architectural Design
- Comprehensive knowledge of building codes
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit is required
- Experience designing and permitting construction ready documents.
- Experience in planning and entitlement is preferred.
- Proficiency in Adobe, MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail and prioritization
Commercial Solar Sales Developer-Central Valley, California
Summary: In this position, you will be responsible for the prospecting, cultivating and securing sales for a Commercial/Industrial solar developer.
- Develop a deep understanding of commercial and industrial solar construction, financials and equipment.
- Prospecting and developing new client relationships in Agriculture and Commercial environments
- Conduct site surveys to collect data and relay design criteria to the in-house design team.
- Assemble and present project proposals to prospective clients and key decision makers.
- Maintain client relationships throughout the sales cycle to ensure excellent customer service.
Summary of Experience and Requirements:
- Experience in long cycle sales and building long term relationships.
- Knowledge and experience in commercial & industrial solar are a plus but not required.
- Experience in Agriculture related sales (Ex: Irrigation, equipment, PCA) or commercial real estate is a plus but not required.
- Must be self-motivated and possess excellent organizational skills.
- Great communicator both written and verbal and must be a team player.
- Proficiency in Adobe, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)- Fresno, CA
Summary: The CFO is a key member of the executive leadership team and is responsible for taking on a leadership role in financial matters by providing strategic financial input to executive leadership. Oversee the overall finance and accounting operations of the business, and play a key role in developing and implementing procedures to continually improve and maintain the financial health of the company.
- Serve as a key member of the executive leadership team, helping lead the direction of the company.
- Review and analyze the financial performance of the company including those relating to operational goals, growth, budgets, and forecasts.
- Identify key financial strategies and provide insight and recommendations to achieve short-term and long-term health and growth of the company.
- Communicate with and support the CEO, executive leadership team, and the Board.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for executive leadership team and the Board.
- Help create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s goals, growth, and long-term health.
- Prepare and present monthly financial forecasts for company-wide revenue, profit, and other financial metrics.
- Develop and maintain monthly and annual operating budget for the company.
- Prepare, analyze, communicate, and provide insights pertaining to company financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state, and federal tax returns, including ongoing tax planning, strategy, and projections.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
- Provide financial analysis and support to various risk management functions, including participation in the company’s subcontractor prequalification processes, insurance compliance and contracts.
- Oversee cash management, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs.
- Evaluate and provide input on large purchases and evaluation of purchase / financing options.
- Assist in evaluating the company’s technology investments and overseeing IT personnel and outside technology partners.
- Explore new investments and other financial opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain excellent relationships with financial institutions and partners, including banking, accounting, insurance, and surety relationships.
- Lead, mentor and develop the accounting team including managing work allocation, accounting services and processes, training, performance evaluations, and maintaining the company’s culture and values in the accounting department.
- Oversee and coordinate all audits from outside entities
- Oversee corporate insurance policies
- Continually develop, implement, and refine procedures and systems to continuously improve the financial performance and health of the company.
Summary of Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Certified Public Accountant certification a plus
- 10+ years’ experience in a senior accounting or financial management position
- Experience in a senior leadership position
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and accounting software
- Solid GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Results-oriented, strategic thinking and planner
- A good working knowledge and background in construction and/or real estate development accounting a plus
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers, and able to make inferences from financial data to help guide a business
Controller-Construction Company-Napa, CA
Summary: In this position, you will report to the CFO/President. You will be accountable for leading the Finance team in managing the financial and accounting policies, systems and processes, tax and regulatory requirements, payroll and ongoing financial modeling and annual business planning.
- Monitor and accurately report Company profitability to include job profitability; unapplied contract-related costs; general and administrative expenses; and financing related expenses and investment income.
- Liquidity analysis and management to include identifying future cash needs and planning to meet those needs, and forecasting the Company’s financial condition and financing requirements and providing periodic comparisons of such forecasts to actual conditions.
- Maintain an adequate system of accounting records, implementing a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the Company’s reported financial results.
- Ensure reported results comply with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and maintain the chart of accounts.
- Match payables to job for costing determinations.
- Review posted transactions for accuracy.
- Review AIA billing as well as general invoicing.
- Ensure client billing is accurate and processed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly.
- Produce monthly percentage of completion reports for month-end close.
- Communicate routinely with Owners and Project Managers on a variety of job-related topics including costs incurred to date, estimated costs to complete insurance, and contract agreements.
- In collaboration with operations, develop a strong comprehensive cost accounting function team including AR/AP, Payroll, GL, and cost accounting.
- Participate in the formation and implementation of Company financial plans.
- Preparation of all monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Manage Company and project cash flow.
- Manage external audits including G/L liability, workers compensation, sales and use tax audits, the annual insurance renewal audit, and other on-demand external audits.
- Support and lead internal and external reporting requirements as it related to the Board of Directors, Investors, and various federal industry required compliance.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, financial/accounting principles, practices and standards as applied to government contracting environment
- Develop written accounting procedures for the operations staff and work with the team to ensure proper compliance.
- Assure the selection, appraisal, and development of accounting personnel consistent with Company values.
Summary of Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field of study.
- Experience as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional (CCIFP)
- 7-10+ years of accounting experience, with at least 5 years of construction industry experience.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, other Accounting Software, Crystal reports, and Databases.
- Preferred knowledge in Spectrum Software
- Experience in leading and directing a team of direct reports
- Ability to meet deadlines and remain positive under a demanding workload.
- Ability to manage and protect confidential data, information, and strategic planning.
- Exhibit a strong sense of urgency, initiative, and exceptional analytical skills.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality in all business matters
Senior Design Engineer/Project Manager-Fresno, CA
Summary: The Design Engineer will provide quality engineering design services for assigned projects.
- Managing the planning and design stages of civil engineering projects
- Performing due diligence on the impact and feasibility of new construction sites
- Overseeing all project stages from preliminary layouts to final engineering designs.
- Designing and recommending improvement to computer-aided design (CAD) software drawings and schematics
- Ensure that civil engineering projects are completed on time and within budget
- Inspect completed projects for compliance wit industry codes, specifications and safety standards.
Summary of Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 10+ years of experience and demonstrate knowledge in all aspects of civil engineering principles, practices and methods,
- Licensed Civil Engineer in the State of California.
- Experience with multiple types of projects; including, residential, commercial, educational, and municipal preferred.
- Strong background in the use of Autodesk Civil 3D software is desired.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and large and small projects.
- Excellent written and Oral communication skills.